hope you are enjoying your weekend. Here's part 2 of the questions about books. You can find them on my friend Em's blog. She writes the best books reviews.
28. Favourite reading snack?
I don't really have a favorite reading snack because that depends on my mood but I do have snacks I love: salt and vinegar chips, pretzels, banana chips, chocolate, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I don't think that hype ever ruined a reading experience. I mean, I can decide on my own if I like a book or not.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
That depends on the critic. If the critic has a similar taste then I often agree. Obviously.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Well, I am not a book blogger but I think I should really start to write some book reviews. I think I would always say my true opinion when I do not like a book but I would not "trash" it just because it is not my taste. Okay, some books are really poorly written (50 shades of grey, at least the first couple of pages I have read)...
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, Hindi, Arabic...There are so many languages I would love to be able to speak.
33. Most intimidating book you have read?
The Stranger and The Plague by Camus I guess.
34. Most intimidating book you are too nervous to begin?
I always wanted to read Ulysses but never started it. I am not really nervous about it but kind of hesitant to start.
35. Favorite poet?
Edgar Allen Poe.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Currently, I do not use the library. But I always came back with way too many books in the past.
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
A couple of times. I often went crazy in the library and checked out more books than I could read.
38. Favourite fictional character?
Adrian Mole. He is hilarious. Hedwig. Dumbledore. Carl Mørck and Assad from the Adler-Olsen books. Nick Twisp.
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Lord Voldemort. Patrick Bateman. Hannibal Lecter.
41. The longest you’ve gone without reading?
I don't think I have gone a long time without reading. I usually read every single day. So since I learned how to read maybe a day or so when I was terribly busy. But even then I try to read at least a couple of pages before I fall asleep. I am always in the mood for reading, that's for sure.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
One Day by David Nicholls. I started this book a couple of times but always had to stop at some point because it annoyed me. I like the idea of the book but I don't really like the book itself. I tried to watch the movie a while ago but did not like it either.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Nothing really I would say. Well, maybe the pets. When they are hungry then I have to stop to feed them. But you can pet a cat while you read so giving them attention in that way does not distract you very much.
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel?
Harry Potter. The Silence of the Lambs. American Psycho. Bridget Jones' diary. Forrest Gump. Brokeback Mountain. Trainspotting. The Graduate. The Lord Of The Rings.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Youth in Revolt (Nick Twisp diaries).
46. The most money you have ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
225 euros (295 dollars). But that was for textbooks. I think for all other books it was probably 100 euros (130 dollars).
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I would never ever show such a weakness.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
When it bores me to death.
49. Do you like to keep your books organised?
Yes, I would love to have my own library which I would keep well organized. Right now my books are not very organized, they are at different locations in different bookshelves and even boxes. I hope that will change soon.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep them. I do not give books away.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Not really avoiding but I only read the books I am interested in so I avoid the books that I know I would not enjoy.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
A statistics textbook I guess.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
One Day by David Nicholls.
55. Favourite guilt-free pleasure reading?
I never feel any guilt when I read. But to give an answer: I do not feel guilty about re-reading the Harry Potter books a million times. Or the Adrian Mole diaries.
Thank you for reading! I would love to see your answers!
Have a happy Sunday!