Friday, July 4, 2014

The one with the books and the award.

Hallo meine Lieben,

a while ago my fantastic friend Em nominated me for the Liebster award and obviously this is a huge honor. Thank you so much, Em! You rock! So today I want to answer the questions which Em mentioned in her post. You should all check out her blog by the way, she loves books and cats and writes fantastic reviews. 





What's your favourite part of book blogging?

Well, I am not a book blogger myself but I do love to read book reviews. As many as possible. I mean, I always need a good recommendation and Em gives me lots of them. I wrote a couple of reviews when I started my blog and I have no idea why I stopped. But that's one of the things I want to change about my blog: write some book reviews. I love reading and I do have a blog so I guess it would be a logical decision. Book blogs are definitely one of my favorite source for information (also my friends and book stores). 


Have you found people in the book blogging community that you really connect with? 

Oh yes, Em is fantastic and I am happy to call her my friend. I am also glad that I found my fellow book lovers and friends Martha and Celeste and Rooth and Ankita. We book lovers have to stick together. 


Anyone you talk to outside of blog comments?

Of course. I do talk a lot with the girls mentioned above. I found many fantastic friends because of my blogs. And I love to communicate with them. 

What's your favourite genre (or genres) to read?

Scandinavian and Icelandic crime novels. Especially Henning Mankell, Arnaldur Indriðason, Håkan Nesser, Åke Edwardson, Yrsa Sigurðardóttir, Jussi Adler-Olsen....I also love to read about traveling. 


Your least favourite?

I am not a fan of romantic love stories (they have to be funny at least...or involve a crime).


Which book do you think everyone should read?

Well, all books by the authors mentioned above. Plus the Adrian Mole Diaries by Sue Townsend. 




What books are on your TBR list for the summer?

My TBR list is endless but on top are: the David Hunter series by Simon Beckett, the latest books by Max Bentow and Lars Kepler, The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson....


Which book cover would you be most likely to frame and hang on your wall as a piece of art?

"Das alte Haus" - because it reminds me of my Mom. She always read that book to me before I was able to read it myself. 





If you could ask the author of your favourite book two questions, what would they be?

1. Can't you write faster? 2. Why?


Which fictional world do you wish you could move into?

I would love to live in The Burrow. 


What's your favourite literary adaptation? (Movie, TV Show, etc.)

I usually like the books a lot better than the movies because I like the way I imagine the characters etc. but I do love the Harry Potter movies. A lot. 
I like Orange Is The New Black but I have to admit that I never read the book so I can't tell if it is better or not. 


When you're not reading, what else are you doing for fun?

Entertaining my pets, drawing, painting, going to flea markets, drinking tea, spending time with my loved ones, writing, watching movies and tv shows, being with animals, listening to music, going to concerts, traveling, cooking and baking, daydreaming...


Have a fantastic weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Katrin

    i enjoyed reading this post and thank you for mentioning my name :)

    I loveee daydreaming and spending time with animals too! this cover page is really cute, just like a lovely poster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ankita, you are very welcome! I am glad you liked the post! Isn't the book cover cute? I love it since my childhood. I love that you love animals too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Liebster Award - well deserved!!! :) I love hearing about the books you read because they are always new to me for the most part and different from what everyone else reads. I love a good crime novel as long as it's not too gory! And like you I usually love the books much better than the movie. Have a great weekend! and go Germany!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Susi! You are so sweet! I am glad you like it when I talk about books. I don't want it to be boring! :) The books are really much better than the movies in most cases! Have a great Sunday! Go Germany!!

      Delete
  3. I love the title of this post and thank you for the shout out and also introducing me to so many other blogger booknerds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. used to be a book nerd now just a soap nerd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like TV shows too but I could never be without books. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on being nominated for the Liebster award! I enjoy reading lots about you, Katrin! I love reviewing cookbooks and analyzing recipes, it’s pretty fun to create dishes and critique them. I absolutely love Scandinavian crime novels (YES to Mankell) and traveling, we should be twins….and I hate romantic novels, too. The book, “Das alte Haus” cover looks pretty and I love the kitty/dog on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rika! You are so sweet! I always love to read your cookbook reviews! Well, I love to read anything you write. :) You always cook the best stuff! We should really be twins, I love that you love Scandinavian crime as much as I do! Romantic novels are so boring. Haha. I love the kitty and the dog on the book cover too. Plus it reminds me of my mom so it is the perfect cover! Have a great week! <3

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the Liebster award. I got that again several months ago and haven't done my post yet because I'm having trouble finding blogs I follow that have fewer than 500 followers and haven't already been nominated by me before lol. I've read Orange is the New Black. It's not bad, but I enjoy the show much more than the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amanda! And congratulations on your award! Well deserved! I really love Orange Is The New Black (the show) and I am not sure if I will read the book. There are so many other books I want to read!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the award! I'm so glad we "met" through blogging so we can share our love of books. I don't really have anyone else to share my obsession with books so it's awesome to have online friends who "get" it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Martha! I am so happy we have met! You are my vegan-cat-lover-book-buddy and I am so thankful to have that! <3

      Delete
    2. I nominated you too, Martha! (might have forgotten to tell you.... oops!)

      Delete
  8. Yay! This made me so happy. I know you're not a book blogger, but I find that you're one of my most inspiring bookish friends. So I just had to include you! I love all your answers - they made me smile (so now I'm sitting here grinning at my computer like a maniac. Pretty sure my cats think I'm insane.)! Also... I still haven't given up on getting you do a guest post series on my book blog - you could write the Crime Beat and share which mystery books you're reading! Say yes. Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thank you for including me, Emily! I feel honored that you say things like that about me! I really do! And it means a lot that I was able to make you smile. :) My cats think I am insane too, so don't worry. :) You are not alone. I need to work on writing some book reviews. It would be an honor to write something for you blog, I just don't know if it would be any good. I have my doubts.

      Delete
  9. I just love the "I'm going on an adventure!" meme. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...